Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Yet another tale of woe.

Shoes. I haven't bought them in several months. Other than the occasional purchase of the $14.99 shoe at Target, I haven't bought a proper pair of shoes, from a proper store for several months. Last spring, I bought a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins at DSW. I love them, I wear them at least once a weekend, and usually on casual Fridays to work.

Minnetonka Moccasin Women's Kilty Suede Moc Shoe
Minnetonka Moccasins

This fall, I had decided to purchase a pair of booties. I wanted a pair of taupe booties, so that they would work with black and brown. This is the one I want, but at almost $90 and no coupons or gift cards, it had to be out of the running. Nevertheness, behold the beauty that is the Sole Society Kelsa Bootie.
Sole Society - Kelsa in Mushroom Fudge

I found a compromise, but in the wrong color. For $49.95, it was worth compromising on the color, but I wasn't quite ready to settle down just yet. I tried it on, it fit, but I couldn't commit.

Crown Vintage Carlton Bootie
After going back to take a second look at DSW.com, I searched for more in the same style and found another compromise. Despite the unappealing brand, at only $10 more, it was another consideration. And, with free shipping and the ability to make returns directly at the DSW store, I took the plunge and ordered this pair:
Fergalicious Lucid Bootie
In the pictures, I don't love it. I'm not sure what the deal is with the how the heel is kinda rounded in the back, and I don't love that the toe is rounded upward. But, it's worth a strut around the house. And I got the shipping notification this morning, and here's the woe part... it shipped to my address in Chicago!!

Apparently, DSW doesn't automatically updated your shipping and billing information when you update your home address, so while the home address was properly in Las Vegas, the shipping address was still my apartment in Chicago. Of course, I can't blame DSW entirely here, I should have double checked all the addresses before clicking, but I find it perfectly reasonable to check the "home address" section and assume it is all going out to the same place! WOE IS ME!

And more woe: DSW can't intercept and reroute the package, even though they are shipping through Fed Ex because..... I don't know and it's too upsetting to listen to why. Instead, I have to check the shipping status and HOPE that I manage to notify the post office between the time it is delivered to them and before they put it on the truck for delivery to my old apartment and my parents' tenant. I'm guessing that's not a huge window of time, and everyone knows how efficient it is to try and do anything through the post office over the telephone. I've sent an email to the tenant, and asked her to graciously REJECT my shoes if they get delivered to her house, so that they can be sent back to DSW and then to me. WOE IS ME!

So, there concludes my tale of woe. By my estimation, see you in 2 months, shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment